22 November 2007

Not tonight darling...

...I'm washing my hair...tomorrow night I'm rearranging my sock drawer...and the night after that I might have a headache!

What's this all about? Well, in passing, I mentioned to my wife that I have a blog and asked if she wanted to see it...it turns out that was not a good thing, as you can see from her various responses above. I had a chuckle it has to be said, although I shouldn't have been surprised either. You see, my career, and lots of my spare time, involves technology...whether that's with my PC, or my son and I playing on the gorgeous Sony PlayStation 3. My wife is at the other end of the spectrum.

I must admit, there are times when I wish I didn't have to use computers or emails...who hasn't? I mean, you become so obsessed about checking the various email accounts you hold, getting rid of junk mail, moving legitimate email out of the junk folder!, and then there's the increasing number of social websites that you wish you didn't join. It's never ending.

My wife is the lucky one as she doesn't need to rely on using a computer as much as I do, and that is a blessing I think. Consider the benefits...no more staring at a screen all day, no need to check your email every 10 minutes, and you get to interact with other humans face to face... remember that?

Ok, I guess it's not that bad for us heavy computer users, but sometimes it's nice to think about how life could have been if things were different. I wonder if my local supermarket is looking for shelf stackers...

No comments:

Post a Comment